Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bleached Denim Dries Van Noten Style

How weird that I should Stumble upon this when I was thinking of doing this to my denim Jacket that I removed the sleeves from recently. Think that just goes to show that great minds think a like eh?

Although I wasn't going for the splattered Bleached look was hoping for more of a poured over effect so it would drip down more but then I'm not sure will need to try out a few test runs first see what works better. Was also thinking of adding some studs to it as well in keeping with the overall 80's theme just on the shoulders tho not anywhere else as you risk getting it to the point of tacky.It's a wee challenge I have set myself I shall let you know how I get on and will post pics of it on here and you can tell me what you think.

Back to the reason I started this the Spring Summer 2011 Dries Van Noten collection who is one of my favourite designers I may add has really gone back to the 80s for inspiration with bleached denim paint splattered shirts and even bags.It's certainly a collection to get you noticed that's for sure which in my honest opinion is definitely a good thing.



Love the white trouser's with that Jacket they just fit so well together and the boldness of the paint splattered shirt just screams out under the neutral jacket, it's simple yet makes a statement.
This is like two different looks in one on the top you have sophisticated and the bottom you have skinhead bad boy jeans with brogues but somehow it works.
A very simple look that grabs your attention. with the bold jacket and chino style trousers....I think Doc Marten boots or shoes would look good with this.
Again a very laid back relaxed look with a rough gritty edge with Bleached denim.

No comments:

Post a Comment