Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Manchester & Halloween


I'm going back down to Manchester next weekend for a wee visit and a change of scenery plus I just really like it the style and vibe is similar to Glasgow with some great shopping in the Northern Quarter including Afflecks Palace and some great little vintage shops. A thriving Art and music Scene  all helps to create a truly unique city to visit.

Not forgetting of course the main shopping area Manchester's Arndale shopping centre which takes up a huge part of the city centre with shops coffee shops and restaurants.
There is also a dedicated Gay Village over on Canal Street made famous with the TV show "Queer as Folk"
back in the late 90's.
 image source: Leather & Lace

I'm looking forward to going down this time tho as last time I was there it was during Pride which got a bit busy and chaotic so I'm looking forward to just chilling out as Glasgow gets a bit boring and monotonous after a while and a change of scene is always good to remind you what you liked about it in the first place.
Of course I'm going to be going out and sampling the great nightlife that Manchester has to offer it's just that it wont be as mad as before.

Dawn of the Dead 1978
When I get back I will be getting ready for Halloween still haven't fully decided what I'm dressing up as this year but thinking Zombie again you could say I was inspired by the recent filming in the city for World War Z or I just can't think of anything else either way I just know it will turn out looking good I have faith.

You see I'm going to this Monster Ball over at the SWG3 Warehouse so kinda feel that I should make that extra special effort so I have been having a look at various movies and googling a few images for inspiration.
My first idea was Carrie it seemed simple enough white dress bad wig and tons of blood but then I thought about the fact I would have to wear a dress and that just didn't appeal.
So I think the zombie look is a much better idea plus I was told I'm a very good zombie very realistic.
I have collected a few images of the sort of look I'm wanting to go for the other option is a vampire what do you think?
 
 LA Zombie (2010) Banned pretty much everywhere.
 Some scary hands I found through Google
 Dawn of the Dead (1978)
 Francious Sagat in LA Zombie (2010)

He looks like a Vampire Zombie


No comments:

Post a Comment