Wednesday, April 21, 2010

SWG3 Show

Had a great night at the opening party..really glad I went along the art work on display was amazing and it has really inspired me to get back into doing work and getting it out there.
One of the main exhibits was from Baldvin Ringsted an Icelandic Visual Artist based in Glasgow with an MFA from glasgow school of Art in 2007. His works combines his love of music and contemporary visual art in a unique and visually stunning way. from pouring wax into frames over speakers blasting out his favourite hard rock songs to sliced up images of guitars and drums.


The venue itself was also amazing similar to  being in some old warehouse in downtown New York which I was not prepared for,  how they have managed to achieve this in Glasgow is a great achievement and I congratulate them I look forward to returning.

No comments:

Post a Comment